Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Andie 5 Years 4 Months

Andie Noelle your almost 5 and a half years old, just another month. You made me a mother and have been the perfect first born. You have shown me all I know and continue to show me all I need to know to be the best Mom for you and your siblings. I love you so much my princess. Andie at 5 years 4 months old...


1. Andie loves wearing skirts. Andie asks everyday if she can wear skirts, she loves them. I figure if it isn't cold outside why not? When it comes to school though I am a bit hesitant of her wearing a skirt since in Kindergarten they do so much playtime and modesty is somewhat of an issue.


2. Andie is a craft-o-holic. Andie is constantly wanting to do some sort of craft, the dollar store is our best friend. Coloring is a favorite and it doesn't matter if it is a drawing for her teacher, drawing on balloons or even on herself. Andie loves any sort of crafty thing and I don't see this fading anytime soon.


3. Andie loves coach McDonald. Every Friday in Kindergarten Andie gets to go to gym class and she is opposite of her mother (hides face) because Mom hated gym class. Andie LOVES Fridays just for the fact she gets to go to gym class and her teachers name is coach McDonald. I love that more then I can admit haha.


4. Andie is scared of flooding. We have started to have a few heavy rainstorms and with any moisture comes the fear of flooding. How can you not be afraid from flooding when you were flooded out of your home three times in a matter of months, earlier in the year. Poor girl shouldn't have to worry about this at such a young age.


5. Andie is loving Vampirina. Just a few days ago we watched the premier of a new Disney show and Andie is in heaven. Andie of course says that she now thinks that Vampirina is the prettiest name ever and one of her children will be called that. That means as of now Andie's children will be two girls, one named Celestia and the other Vampirina. I love her!


6. Andie had another wart procedure done. This stubborn wart has been giving us grief for coming up on what is it 2 years. We finally said enough is enough and Andie had the dreaded freeze happen. We have used the liquid in the past to create the blister and it hasn't been working how we would like. Finally we had to hold Andie down and the screaming was horrible but the big freeze happened and now we cross our fingers in hopes that it worked.


7. Andie loves General Conference. I don't know how I lucked out with getting a daughter who has such a strong testimony at such a young age. I think Heavenly Father knew I needed this sweet girl especially at this moment in time.


8. Andie is a mini-Mommy in taking care of her siblings. Andie, being the oldest sibling, takes her role very seriously. Andie is usually pretty willing to guide her brother and sister in the right choices or assist them however they made need help, even if she feels sometimes that help is disciplining haha. Andie is very good at making sure her siblings are well taken care of either with food, blankets, toys or even getting them dressed.


9. Andie said some funny things I happened to write down (this happens rarely). Andie loves to get drinks out of Grandpa and Grandmas water fountain. With this you can get the cold or hot water. Andie then says, "If I get cold and hot water it tastes so yummy, like the bath water ocean." I couldn't help but laugh because apparently every bath she takes is called and ocean and that water tastes so yummy, better then just cold water I guess.


When we were looking at old Disneyland photos from when Andie was little she made a remark on one of the photos. "Mom why do we have a picture of Iron Man taking a shower" This was hilarious.


10. Andie started texting. Andie kindly gave her iPad to Brooklyn to use all the time which means Brooklyn has now claimed it. So instead of getting an additional iPad at this time we pulled out Mom's old phone. Andie has been having the time of her life being able to text Mom and Dad now when we are away at work. It's fun to get these cute messages from my girl. I can't believe how fast Andie is growing up.



Andie you have a joy for life that I think I mention every month. This joy is contagious and I strive to have such an outlook on life. Andie your sweet smile is something I never want to go a day without. My sweet princess I love you so much and I hope you never forget the love your mother has for you each and everyday. I want the best for you in your life and I know great things are in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment