Saturday, August 25, 2018

Andie 6 Years 1 Month

Andie Noelle just like that you are off into your seventh year of life and I don't know how that is even possible. Andie you bring such a joy into our life with your excitement, joy, laughter and outlook on life itself. You truly are such a special little girl. Andie at 6 years 1 month old...

1. Andie got a new Aunt. Andie has loved Mikayla since the moment she met her. So when we heard of Uncle Dallin's engagement we were over the moon. It also helps that Aunt Mikayla and Andie have the same birthday so that is a fun fact. Andie loved being able to see princess Mikayla in her white dress and is ecstatic she is officially now family!


2. Andie had her last month of swim lessons. Andie has been doing swim lessons since forever it seems, January I think. Andie has loved learning how to be comfortable in the water and of course the start of her strokes. Andie has done exceptionally well at what she has been able to learn but Mom needs a break and Andie wants to play with her new skills so we will place a pause on lessons for a bit.


3. Andie loves free lunches. Each summer I get so excited about the free lunch opportunities in the city parks. It is such a fun event you can go to daily, play at the parks, eat food and make lots of new friends. This summer was no different and we enjoy this so much. Andie's favorite food to get at free lunch is of course the fruit and the uncrustables or corn dogs.


4. Andie lost her first tooth. How? Andie is definitely growing up far to quickly on her parents. Andie has had a loose tooth for sometime now she finally one morning while sitting on the couch watching her iPad decided to see how high the tooth could lift up. Well apparently it lifted up too high, right out of her mouth haha. Andie was ecstatic and before she placed the tooth under her pillow of course said her goodbyes and stated it was her favorite tooth in her whole mouth, silly girl! The tooth fairy came and brought her a gold coin, fun times, plus she got her first library card woot woot!


5. Andie had her year checkup at the doctor. Andie is as healthy as a horse, is that still a saying? Andie is perfectly growing and the only problem was the darn bump on her finger. We will be getting that fixed in the next month or two. Andie you my girl are perfect and I knew that before the doctor gave a clean bill of health haha ;) Andie is growing tall and is 3'10".


6. Andie has been getting along well with Jake. Now if you know Andie she can't even stand next to her brother because she is in the stage of cooties and such. Of course I think school has associated a lot with Andie's attitudes against boys and poor Jake has done nothing. Now that it is summer Andie doesn't have her friend influences and actually has been having so much fun with Jake just like old times. I love watching my kiddos getting along and playing the best they can together. I hope this never ends, especially when school starts up again.


7. Andie is obsessed with Violet (from The Incredibles) and JoJo Siwa. When we went on our family day and watched Incredibles 2, Andie became obsessed with Violet. Of course if you ask a favorite super hero of Andie's she will say Violet. Also the times Andie is on her iPad she is of course watching a girl named JoJo Siwa. Any mom with a little girl in this day in time will know that JoJo Siwa is the thing with her big bows and all. Andie has asked for one thing when school starts up again and that is some giant bows for her hair haha. Until then she will have to settle for a new toothbrush that sings Boomerang from JoJo (or at least Daddy told her it was).


8. Andie likes making PB + J Sandwiches. These sandwiches Andie makes are no ordinary sandwich. In fact Mom can't even make them because the way I like them, just jam and peanut butter, is the wrong way to make them. Andie has to use two kinds of jelly (grape and strawberry) she will then have to add nutella mixed with peanut butter of course. So there is a simple PB + J sandwich with four ingredients and Andie LOVES them so much, she makes and eats them daily.


9. Andie wants to go into gymnastics SO BADLY! Andie asks me daily if she can do gymnastics and each and everyday I feel like a horrible mother because we can't afford to send Andie to gymnastics even though I totally want too. Andie has taken things into her own hands by learning to roll down the hill at free lunch, she loved it but of course got dizzy. Andie also has been trying to teach herself how to do handstands by putting her feet up on the wall. Practice makes perfect right. I am so proud of my girl for taking things into her own hands and I know that we will get her into gymnastics as soon as finances allow. I love you!


Andie you my girl are a complete joy. You have a love for all things girly and I would have it no other way. When we first chose your name I knew that if I named my little girl Andie you would be a girly girl and to see that play out is amazing. You are determined to accomplish all you can even if it means making things do with what you have. You my girl are the best thing to happen to your Mom and Dad. I wanted to be a Mom so badly and after almost a year of trying you brought healing to my heart. I love you my Andie Noelle, always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment