Sunday, October 27, 2013

New Car

I am working up at the LDS Hospital in Salt Lake. If you haven't driven up there you don't know the steep hills you have to take to get there. Ever since I started back in August I have been so worried on how I would get up the hill once it started to snow. All this worrying got Zach concerned so he immediately started looking into tires.


We went to get our tires changed after my doctors appointment on September 20th. We dropped the car off at the shop and started to walk around the nearby stores. Soon after we received a call from the shop, I kept telling Zach to keep his phone nearby because I knew they would call us.


Long story short the shop denied being able to put new tires on our car. The damages would be $3,000 to fix. Our car isn't even worth $3,000. Zachary and I had a decision to make. 1. We could fix the car which would include: tires, bad oil leak, all 4 axles and axle bearings, brakes and much more. 2. Keep driving it even though the wheels could fall off at any moment. 3. Buy a new car.



We decided to take the car home and decide. Immediately when we arrived home we got on the Internet and started looking at cars. We don't make a lot of money so we didn't even know if buying a car was even possible. You can say we were a little stressed out!


Zachary started calling around and decided we should go look at low book sales. So that is exactly what we did!


Andie loved all the red cars. Zachary and I were looking for cheap as possible plus would fit two car seats. We all came to an agreement and left with a red 2012 Toyota Yaris. I am so excited about our car. Rain and snow don't scare me anymore and I know this car should last us for many years to come. I am so happy we have a new car to keep my family safe :)



No comments:

Post a Comment