Thursday, November 5, 2015

36 Weeks Pregnant

My 36 week doctors appointment was October 30th and what an eventful week this has been as we come up towards 37 weeks. At my doctors appointment everything was going good besides the fact I am always in so much pain and I am not dilated at all (bummer). I am still measuring two weeks ahead and undecided on a VBAC or scheduled section. With this difficult choice we decided to schedule an ultrasound.

Monday November 2nd was our ultrasound and it was going good until they decided to actually start measuring the size of Brooklyn and the fluid around her. At 36.3 weeks our little princess is measuring 7 pounds 9 ounces (which can be off by a pound either way). This was a little concerning that she is already in the 85% for her size and this Mom has small bones.


Then they measured the fluid around Brooklyn which they want below 23cm and they measured 31cm, WHAT! So obviously that made me a little concerned and the ultrasound doctor was concerned as well stating he did not want me to deliver after 38 weeks, wanted NST's every couple of days and a 24 hr urine. I was stated to have Polyhydramnios but they don't have a reason on why I have that. The best guess is that I have undiagnosed Gestational Diabetes which can happen in 5-10% of women.


With this new diagnosis other concerns are arising such as my blood pressure has started to spike more. This whole pregnancy I have had higher blood pressure but it has been staying borderline, usually 145/75ish. They started monitoring my blood pressure for 10 minutes after my ultrasound as it had spiked after hearing all that news, 179/96. I have always had constant headaches, blurred vision and other symptoms that could be associated with Gestational Diabetes and Preeclampsia. They sent me straight away to my doctor who was just one floor up. The doctor stated he didn't know if my blood pressure spike was from all the news or if something further was happening so we scheduled an appointment to come in on Wednesday to monitor things more.


Wednesday, November 4th, came along and I went in first thing for my blood pressure check. It was lower but still a little bit of a concern, 157/92. I was on orders to try and lower my blood pressure and first thing first was to stop working and be on bed rest, how with two toddlers? I did just that though and am not working anymore as of today, weird feeling. The whole bed rest thing is difficult for an OCD mother who has a lot of prep work to do still before little Brooklyn arrives.

My next appointment is on Friday, 37 weeks. I am on orders to bring a bag to the appointment in case I am sent down to labor and delivery. We know within the next week I will most likely deliver with all my problems that have raised up and with them not wanting me to go past 38 weeks. It will be interesting to see how everything works out but a little bit of cooking time for Brooklyn is needed as well. Things are starting to get real!

No comments:

Post a Comment