Saturday, June 2, 2018

Couples Getaway

I decided randomly to give Zach an extra birthday surprise and take him to Jim Gaffigan. One thing lead to another and I couldn't keep it a secret so I told him about it and we planned a whole weekend full of fun. Of course the reason the trip was happening (Jim Gaffigan) cancelled on us (sad day) we still were so happy we were going on this MUCH NEEDED GETAWAY!


When I originally planned our trip I didn't think of Andie's graduation and when I finally put two and two together it was far to late to change plans, thank goodness for my Mom. My Mom took the kids to Andie's graduation and then willingly watched them all weekend and sent me pictures each day of the kiddos, she knew I would have a tough time without them. So my trooper Mother took Zach and I to the airport and then went over to the graduation, I felt so bad that Andie wouldn't have her parents with her but she understood as I talked it over with her A LOT.







Planes travel fast, holy cow like 500mph.










Right as we were going to be boarding the airplane I got pictures of Andie at her graduation and when we landed I got even more. It was a good start to the trip knowing the kids were going to be safe. We anxiously wanted to check into our hotel because we used the extra money from Jim Gaffigan cancelling to get a Disney View Hotel (WHAT?). We of course had to pass time and I have always wanted to see Santa Monica Pier so we headed over that way in our awesome rental car.


















I am not a beach person but it was fun to be able to walk around the pier and along the beach. I am excited to take the kiddos there for our family vacation this summer. We couldn't go on any of the rides though because my goodness the prices were outrageous. Anyone who lives in California I am sorry your always having your patience tested with the traffic and lines everywhere plus paying for parking wherever you go haha.






I take lots of pictures of signs I think are funny when we are on vacations haha. I couldn't get a good one of this one because we were driving but I thought it was hilarious. Also down below is the Hollywood sign, woot woot! Don't forget our Red Robin sign.





After we spent the time we wanted at the pier, and found a new guy to follow on Insta (unforgettable singing haha) we eagerly headed out to eat some dinner. We decided we would eat at Red Robin since we had a gift card to use and free is always best right? The food was delicious as usual then we went on over to the hotel and wow that was fancy for us haha.



What? We are on the top floor of a hotel with this many floors! The view was amazing! Now if only I could have a house with a freaking awesome view like this life would be complete.










Lets just say when we stay at a hotel it is never anything fancy, always has free parking and breakfast. Basically if the pictures look like I won't get bed bugs or cockroaches while there I will book it haha. This was way fancy and I think I felt out of place but it was so much fun. Hot water was non existent so we had to run cold water the whole time we showered haha. Also we explored the hotel and it didn't have anything too fancy just a regular old hotel. The fireworks didn't disappoint and Zach even had the brilliant idea to play the music on his phone to go along with the fireworks from YouTube so it was like we were there!





















In the morning we awoke early and headed out to Target to get some sunscreen for our day at Disneyland because we may or may not have burned yesterday on a cloudy day at the pier, yup! Mom decided at this point I needed shoes that had actual insoles in them and I picked up my shirt souvenir. We headed on over to Disneyland and I was so excited to get to be able to go on some of these adult rides we don't ever get to ride on with taking the kids. It was a fun filled day and I discovered when your a couple taking pictures on your own basically you get a lot of photos of just close ups of our faces not my adorable kids faces haha.








My husband was my guinea pig all day long with me telling him okay lets take another picture haha, even at random signs and my husband did it happily!



























I thought this was the coolest balloon tied animal, too bad it was upside down haha.
















We went over to the island to see if it is worth taking the kids over. The caves were the best part plus this way scary bridge that changed shape on you while walking across. I am pretty sure my life flashed before my eyes haha.



















One of our last rides was Star Tours as I haven't been on that one. Wow I don't think I will be going on that one again either. Apparently with my old age I can't handle the 3D/4D moving rides anymore and its the worlds saddest day. So in the future when our kids get older I think Zach will have to take the kids on those type of rides gahhhh.





See the cool dude in orange wearing glasses, yup that is my handsome husband!



We had to sit here at Pizza Planet with a Sprite to calm my stomach after Star Tours because I was so nauseous. I literally debated just going to the hospital and puking just to make myself hopefully feel better. The only thing that finally got my mind off of things is that we were able to Marco Polo Andie, Jake & Brooklyn for a little bit. Gosh I miss my kids!














The look my husband gives me when I am just being crazy. Yes this man truly loves me through all my crazy! We did get our traditional pretzels and by the time I remembered to take pictures we only had a tad bit left each haha, hilarious!




















This was the funniest Splash Mountain ride....well I don't know going the first time with Andie was pretty funny too! These teens were just a little crazy but then we got this epic picture out of it and lots of laughter plus we were all soaked. Look at the poor kid in the front even before the big splash at the bottom of this fall haha.







This happened on a lot of our photos. See the shorty in the back row beside her husband being blocked by the tall guy infront of her, that black shirt is me!



We had so much fun and even though we didn't stay for fireworks or see any parades we knew those things could be done with kids and we weren't focusing on that. I love that we were able to experience Disneyland without kids but it sure is a different atmosphere and I don't know if it is better or not haha, I'm neutral. I love watching the kids expressions it sure makes it much more magical!











We stopped by at Olive Garden on our way to our new hotel for the next two nights. It was good to eat a bunch of pasta, yum yum! We were so exhausted by the time we got to the hotel we basically crashed. The next morning we excitedly drove to Universal Studies. I haven't been there before and Zach hasn't been in a super long time, plus harry potter land was one of our main goals in going on our trip.






At Universal Studios we went over to the Harry Potter Land and since we looked confused (most likely) we some how got on the most popular ride in less then 15 minutes through a staff entrance that the staff led us through and we dodged the basically two hour line, WHAT? Yeah we totally lucked out and somehow it set our expectations of lines a little too high for the rest of the day haha, long lines and no fast pass (no thanks!).





















Universal Studies we have decided is definitely no Disneyland. There was very minimal strollers which is weird for me but makes me understand when people come to Disneyland and complain about all the strollers around, they must be used to Universal Studios. I enjoyed all the rides but there was also a lot we couldn't go on due to our discovery of me not enjoying the 3D/4D rides haha. Thank goodness my husband is so patient with me in my health.



This time I took a picture of awesome garbage can along with an awesome sign. Yes this is what you get instead of my cute kiddos!



We got soaking wet on the Jurassic Park ride and we were basically freezing the rest of the day after this, like literally shivering. It would happen the day we didn't bring a sweater we would regret it.








The view of the city you got being at the park was amazing though and that made it worth going just right there, I love me a great city view! I think I would of spent all my day just sitting watching this view if it wasn't so hot and sunny out, I would burn to a crisp. We also got to see a man get caught on fire and I didn't know that was on a bucket list but I guess it was and I hope to never see that again unless it is for a show with a healthy outcome like this time around haha. ALSO has anyone ever made homemade butter beer because I think we will be making that as soon as possible.




























When we left the park to head on back to the hotel we had munchies for all the junk food but since we were flying back home the next morning we didn't go too crazy. We did get some dinner from Target frozen section that we heated up in our hotel room while watching Jim Gaffigan on YouTube since we couldn't see him in person like originally planned. I ended up crashing not too long after we finished eating I was exhausted.





The next morning we didn't want to get up at all because we just wanted to sleep all day long. I should of planned another day of just us sleeping because boy do we need it. Instead we got up and packed up to get to the airport by 8am with a full tank of gas on our awesome rental car. We were excited to get home and see the kids but I think bedtime was on our mind all day long too haha.









Once we landed we anxiously awaited for the arrival of the kids with Grandma. The kids were ecstatic to see Mom and Dad after so many days away. We were excited to get home because Mom and Dad got some souvenirs for the kids, of course. I think they all enjoyed their gifts, we done good! Now we await our next couple getaway and this time I think it will be sooner then later haha, it is much needed for a couple to just focus on your marriage for once. Wow I sure do love my husband and I am so happy he loves me back through all my crazy!













No comments:

Post a Comment