Tuesday, October 14, 2014

General Conference Oct. 2014

General Conference, like all the other years, was so amazing! Something about this year made it even more special for me though. I got the opportunity to go to the Conference Center for the last session! It was such a touching experience to sit in the center listening to the prophets words with my husband right next to me. The last session was such a good session too, I took SO MANY notes!






It was so neat to hear the speakers give their talks in there own language. There was two in the last session we listened to while reading subtitles, how neat of an experience that was. This year I couldn't pick a favorite talk (like many other years). I did have a few things I am wanting to work on for the next six months to improve myself and my growing family...



1. Family Home Evening - I am not doing this. I have been wanting to and telling Zachary we should do it complete with a lesson and all. Our schedules are so busy and we sometimes think with little children what is the point, but there is a point. We need to teach Andie and Jake in our homes before the world teaches them the wrong ways.

2. Family Scripture Study - Zachary and I are off and on when it comes to this. We go through a week where we are perfect and go through a week where we never even pick up the book. Yes this is horrible but its the truth. We have been doing good since Conference and will hopefully continue following this council.

3. Family Prayers - We are the same with our family prayers as with our scripture study. Good sometimes and bad others. I say my personal prayers every night but saying prayers as a family is needing a bit of improvement. We get so caught up in the world and put our spiritual growth on the back burner, that should NOT be the case.

4. Go to the Temple - Zach and I are trying to make this a second date every month along with our fun dates every month. Every other week we need to go on our dates. Temple attendance is so important! Where else in the world can we feel the sacredness you feel in the temples, or be taught from the savior. Our homes should be like the temples but that does not replace the work we are doing by going to our temples.

5. Family History - I haven't done any family history. My Mom and Grandma are so amazing at doing this that I have kind of let it be up to them. I will need to figure out how to work on it myself and Zach's side will be interesting to see. Until I get to that point I will continue to keep my own family history by blogging. My blog is my journal. I write on here to remember the time we spent together as a family. I write on here to track my children's lives for they will not remember growing up. I write on here to watch my marriage grow by building our memories, going on our dates and watching our family progress throughout life. I don't write on here for followers but I write on here for my own family history. My family as the years go on will read through my words. I want them to be inspired and really know who Laurel is, who Zach is, who Andie is, who Jake is and who all our other kids and grand kids are. What amazing things we can learn by just keeping our journal/blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment