Saturday, October 4, 2014

Women's Meeting Sept. 2014

I had the special privilege this year to go to the Conference Center with my Mom and little sister to watch the Women's Meeting. It was so special to be able to be in the conference center with our prophets. I haven't been to the Conference Center for a meeting in so long, I can't even remember the last time!




The talks were AMAZING and as usual some things stuck out to me so strongly. I have a few things I took out of that meeting that I will be applying to my life. Conference is such a great time to start fresh :)


1. I felt prompted to decorate my home more. I rent and always use that as an excuse not to hang up pictures but I am still living here. I need things on the walls to make my house feel more homely. I will be adding more pictures of my family as well as our church pictures on my walls :)

2. I felt prompted to GO TO THE TEMPLE! I want to start turning my monthly dates into two monthly dates and have one for our fun outing and one for our special outing to the temple. I am excited to start this up. The temple is so important and should not be pushed to the back burner.

3. I felt prompted to get a small notebook to take with me to my church meetings. I always take my phone and use the notepad app but a notification comes in from a social media sight and of course I have to check it. I will be putting my phone on airplane mode so I can still use my camera and calendar and getting a small notebook to take down my notes in.

4. I felt prompted to really try on family home evenings complete with lesson and all, family prayer and also family scripture studies. We do these items when we have time or remember but that isn't how it should be. Doing these 3 things while our kids are still young will only strength their testimonies as they adventure out into a world that will teach them the worldly ways. 

I am so excited to watch Conference and listen to all our prophets speak this weekend. I love making new goals to work on for the next 6 months, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment