Friday, March 3, 2017

Decade Together

Zachary and I have spent a decade together, ten whole years! I am shocked that we have been together that long, another 5-6 and we have spent half my life together. I am to young for this haha. In these past ten years we have done SO MUCH together...

2006 - First date was somewhere around December 15th at the very end of the year. I had been ditched for a date night, and I told my sister Kari I couldn't go on our double date that night. We were bummed out but my husband (random cook in the diner) turned around and said I get off at seven and I will take you on a date. Lets say the rest was history after that! Christmas Day we became officially boyfriend/girlfriend and New Years Eve was our first kiss.


2007 - Was a hard year but also the best year ever. We both struggled in our teenage years with depression, family stresses and of course school. We had each other to lean on and at times we wanted to call it quits and those around us told us not to date but if they knew how much of a strength we were to each other they would of stopped that nonsense. This year definitely built our relationship!


2008 - Zachary started his mission papers, the gloaming mission call with the excitement and sadness seemed to always be on our mind. We broke up for a day May 24th but the next day Zachary told me to meet him at Temple Square. I took my brother Dallin along with me because I was upset and didn't want to meet this guy that broke my heart alone. Come to find out Zachary got a promise/engagement ring and we got engaged to be married after  he served his mission. Zachary left August 20th to the Washington Kennewick Mission for two years.


2009 - This was a year I decided to try and keep as busy as possible to keep my mind off the depression of having my other half in another state for two years. I finished up high school with a 4.0 because I put all my time and energy into my school work. I wrote Zach a big letter once a week and of course don't forget our weekly emails too. I bought my first car a Hyundai, got a job at a Hospital in Labor and Delivery as a CNA and fell in love with the medical work. I dodged a few crushes guys had on me as I stayed loyal to my missionary and of course had an emergency appendix surgery thanks to an attentive nurse who saved my life. I even spent so much time with my brother Dallin and sister Melissa with a vacation to Puerto Rico on a cruise and took a trip or two to visit my sister Kari in Arizona.


2010 - The anticipated unknown date of when Zach would return home was our main focus. I called and booked the Salt Lake City Temple for our marriage, yes while Zach was still out serving. I traveled more with my siblings on a trip to see Hill Cumorah pageant, as my family was some of the actors. I took a few more Arizona trips to visit my sister and of course I even took a trip back up to Canada for one of my friends weddings! Zachary FINALLY returned home August 24th and just a month and a day later on September 25th we got married for time and all eternity. We knew we wanted to wed and it felt so right so we figured why wait around dating more. We went on a Honeymoon to Canada, we had the time of our life and by the end our car of course broke down giving us a run for our money. Zachary got a job once home and I still worked out at the Hospital, we lived in Zach's sisters basement and right at the end of the year we got our very own apartment together.


2011 - Lets just call this the year of cars. I am not saying that in our married life we have been through a lot of cars, but we have and the repairs was breaking the bank. We lived in our little apartment most of the year making it into a home, after all we started with just my parents air mattress and had to buy everything up from there. We loved our little home until one day we went to Vegas and came home to it infested with cockroaches, an attempted break in and of course don't forget the domestic shooting below us. We were done at this point especially because after our year anniversary cruise to Alaska we found out we were pregnant with our first little one. We moved to a new home, got new jobs and really enjoyed to the fullest our married life.


2012 - Oh the struggles this year brought us. We looked forward to the arrival of our princess Andie Noelle but didn't know how we would possibly pay for the delivery. Paying cash for everything because you have no insurance, and no way to get insurance was so stressful, it didn't help that we had to owe on our taxes and got a bill for 2009 taxes too. Zach's parents had problems too and there was a few months that his Mom came and lived with us at our apartment. We were drowning in debt and the only choice we had was to have me quit my job and so we could get insurance, we then couldn't afford our new apartment and had to move into my parents basement. We had our little girl to give us joy as we went through our struggles and what a true joy she really brought to us.


2013 - Zachary started college and the countdown to graduation began. We saved up enough to finally move from the parents basement and got our third little apartment and it was so fun. We planned a first birthday party for our girl and went on a Disneyland trip for the 2nd time in Andie's life. We bought a little red car and traded in our clunker Hyundai, we even found out we were expecting another little Wadsworth. Andie was a giraffe for her first Halloween, I got a job part time in a Sleep Center and Zachary was still working to support us all the best he possibly could. We did have a lose of a niece, a very beautiful niece who will always be remembered and always IS remembered, daily!


2014 - Jake Oliver joined the family and what a perfect crazy addition he was for us. We mainly just spent all our time together as a family of four all year long. We did continue on with school and work and just a normal family life routine. This year was probably our most easy going year but we did have a move into a basement apartment which was such a blessing as we couldn't afford to live anywhere else. My oldest sister got married which brought such an amazing brother-in-law into the family, we have loved Brent from day one. The kids dressed up as a cheerleader and football for Halloween and Zach finished up his generals in school.


2015 - Yet another little Wadsworth! We started out the year finding out we were expecting again and we were ecstatic, it happened so quickly but we knew it was all meant to be. We announced our pregnancy on our family vacation in Disneyland, dream come true! Jake turned one and we had a minion birthday party, Zachary and I celebrated 5 years of marriage by going to the Anniversary Inn and of course Brooklyn Riley finally arrived with some unexpected problems just like all her siblings thus far. What a great way to end our year off.


2016 - Van time, what a blessing to fit us all in one vehicle. Zachary got accepted into Weber and we feel that much closer to the Rad Tech program. I had a year of bad health starting with my back going out with a badly pinched nerve leading me unable to walk and finding out that I have arthritis. My headaches came back full force and we discovered they are most likely allergy headaches/migraines with vertigo. I started working full time and Zachary became a stay at home Dad while he waited for the program to accept him in for Radiology. We made our yearly Disneyland trip, Andie started preschool and for Halloween we had a witch with her black cat and Jake and the Neverland Pirates to join us. We found out we were expecting a 4th baby, my brother got married which means a new sweet Sister-In-Law to join the family. Our excitement of our pregnancy ended sooner then expected in a miscarriage, Zachary lost his job and we knew we would have to move at the end of the year as we no longer could afford our bills without Zachs income.


In ten years we have experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. We have been through more then what some couple go through in a whole marriage in a matter of a short 10 years together, 6 of those years married. Life is not what I had expected for my future but I wouldn't change a single thing. I can't wait to see where we are at 20 years together, I love you with all my heart my Zachary now and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment