Saturday, September 14, 2013

Working Mom

I got a job and I have such mixed emotions about it. I am so excited to be able to start working again to get dressed up and stay clean for a few hours, especially at a hospital job, BUT I am also bummed that I will have to be leaving Andie. I am sure after time Andie and I will both get used to the idea of me being a working mom. I have had such a special privilege to be able to stay home with her for the first year!


I got the phone call the end of July that I was hired on as a Receptionist at LDS Hospital in the Sleep Center. I love receptionist work so I have been super excited. This is also a part time job so I can still be a mom and wife PLUS maybe start school in January. Our prayers were answered!


I went in for a drug test, blood draw and a TB test. I was so anxious to start working, I hate the first few weeks at a new job trying to get the feel of things and learning everything. Its stressful but yet exciting. Ask me in a month how my job is going and I am sure I will love it!


So far there is a lot of paperwork and computer programs to learn. Why there isn't one master program that holds everything I do not know haha. I am starting to get the hang of a few things but I haven't been on the phones yet. I am kind of glad they are slowly bringing me in instead of throwing everything at me my first week and letting me pretend I know what I am doing.


I work with some amazing girls and a very kind boss. I have to start investing in some business casual clothes. I have nothing besides jeans so throwing together outfits after wearing pajamas the last year is getting kinda hard. I am learning so much about sleep apnea which is interesting to me since everyone I know has CPAP's it seems. I am loving my new job and I am sure I will love it even more when I understand fully what I am doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment