Sunday, February 26, 2017

Jake 2 Years 9 Months

Jake is a month older and wiser too. Can you believe that my boy will live into another year already? My how time is flying by. Jake at 2 years 9 months old...

1. Jake got new shoes, McQueen shoes. Jake was SO EXCITED when one day Daddy brought home some McQueen shoes for him. He ran to his room to grab some socks to try on the new light-up shoes and on the way past by his McQueen snow boots. He grabbed them up, turns to look at us and says, "No more these" and places them in the garbage can conveniently behind him. We laughed and then rescued the boots and told him he could have BOTH. He was ECSTATIC! I love my McQueen loving boy.


2. Jake celebrated Thanksgiving. For Thanksgiving this year Jake basically only ate juice and stuffing because that is the best parts right? Jake is not a big eater but as long as he has juice and something small to munch he is perfect. Silly kid.


3. Jake went to a play. We went and watched "Fiddler on the Roof" that his Uncle Nathan was in. It was a great High School Production and I was actually surprised how well Jake watched the whole play, even if by the end he was asleep on the floor.


4. Jake got stitches! It was so sad to watch Jake in pain but trying to act so tough, broke my Momma heart. Jake was running into our living room and tripped and his head happened to fall right at the corner of the brick fireplace. Zach called me at work and said come home we need to take Jake to the doctor. Of course I was worried and quickly left. We dropped Brooklyn off with Grandma, Andie asked Jake if she could come (there relationship is so cute). We arrived at the Urgent Care and his head was still bleeding 3-4 hours later from when the accident happened. Jake was acting like a normal kid running around the waiting room but the more he ran the more blood since his blood pressure kept rising. We had such a FANTASTIC Doctor for Jake and I just wish he was a pediatrician so we could have Jake see him all the time since Jake loved the dude. Jake was pretty hysterical when the Doctors would look at his head so I bribed him and I told him if he was brave we could get him a McQueen. So Jake toughed it out and my heart broke inside while I was holding him the whole time by his side. Jake got 2 small stitches right on his forehead, a McQueen sucker and a glove balloon. Of course he got the stuffed McQueen from Toys R Us after he was SO BRAVE!


5. Jake is starting to allow us to take pictures and I LOVE IT! We discovered if we tell Jake to, "Show your teeth" right before we snap the photo we have an adorable smile appear. This is the best trick over for my fast moving boy.


6. Jake is picky with his food he doesn't eat, just drinks. Jake does like certain things that are of course delicious like the tops of donuts, icing yum!


7. Jake gained a new Aunt. Uncle Jordan got married to Julie and now Jake has another Aunt. The Wedding Jake had so much fun at. He got to wear a McQueen shirt, dance to his hearts content and play with all of his cousins. Jake had the time of his life running around the halls at the reception and of course dancing with Mom and Dad.


8. Jake loved Zoo Lights. I love our yearly Christmas tradition to go and see the Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo. Jake really enjoyed watching all the red lights the best of course and watching the sea lions swim around. Carousel is a hit as well.


9. Jake loves light sabers. Jake is our little crazy man and of course swinging light sabers around is just what little 2 years old like. We had a big light saber fight for Thanksgiving and Jake was in boyhood heaven.


I love my little man and his spunky personality. Jake is constantly keeping us on our toes with all he does and I would have my life no other way. Jake I am so excited to see you on Christmas morning as your face lights up with your new McQueen toys. I love you my buddy, always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment