Friday, August 4, 2017

Jake 3 Years 2 Months

Jake Oliver your a month older and each month you have more stories to tell and jokes to say, we love your little personality shining through. Jake at 3 years 2 months old...

1. Jake loved playing with Hunter. Jake had his cousin come and stay with us for a couple of days around Easter,  Jake was in little boy heaven. I already thought we needed to get Jake a brother but I think watching Jake with Hunter really emphasized that he truly needs some boy time. Maybe one day.


2. Jake celebrated Easter. Jake loved hunting for eggs this year and was so ecstatic about his Easter basket. Jake is so fun with holidays as he fully understands whats going on. Jake will be such a blast this year for Christmas.



3. Jake loved Disneyland. Jake is Disneyland obsessed by watching it on YouTube, now that he knows it exists and is a real thing he can go to we have amplified that obsession times a thousand. Jake kept saying that first day, "Just like YouTube" with everything and it was so funny. Jake's favorite ride was of course Lightning McQueen (Radiator Springs Racers) but he had a few others that he really loved too: It's a small world, Mators Junkyard Jamboree, Meeting Lightning McQueen, Mator and Buzz Lightyear, both Toy Story rides (Disneyland and California Adventure), Goofys Playhouse, Winnie the Pooh and of course running around Animation Studios. Basically the whole park was Jake's favorites and he asks to go back to Disneyland daily. In one of the parades Jake saw Captain Hook and Jake shouted, "Hey Captain Hook" and then he spit at him (thank goodness he didn't hear but my goodness it is hard to punish a little boy when it was so funny haha).


4. Jake is saying the darnedest things. Jake is so funny and I wish I remembered everything he says. On the way to Disneyland he did say a couple of things that were really cracking us parents up though. When Andie was getting sick I told Daddy to stop, Jake pipes up saying, "We can't stop in the middle of the road, Mom your funny" haha no buddy you are the funny one. Another time Jake asked for his iPad as it was charging in the front of the van. I told him it was at 76% so he could have it and he states, "That is sick" in the coolest little voice ever. Also on the trip we were in the parking lot to the Mesa Arizona Temple and across the street was an LDS church. We turned around in the parking lot so Jake saw the temple. He then states, "WOW, Jesus Christ". I think he had Mom and Dad laughing at it for the next hour. I love you my boy.


5. Jake is very impressive. Jake got a finger poke at the WIC office and guess what this little boy impressed the whole office. Jake didn't even flinch when he got his finger poked, it was like so casual. I think my mouth literally hit the floor, good job my baby boy!


6. Jake has a sword obsession. Jake was in heaven with all the little swords and light sabers in Disneyland. I am pretty sure on Jake's bucket list is to one day get a sword of his very own haha until then he will continue to improvise with measuring tapes and get all tangled up (joking).


7. Jake is growing. Jake is getting so big and I can't even call him my little boy anymore. Jake is 34 pounds and 38 inches tall, he is in the 60% for average height and weight combined. Jake is in 3T clothes but I am sure we will be moving him up to 4T shortly. Jake my boy stop growing, I think its all the cheeseburgers without the bun that he eats haha.


8. Jake is scared of the canyons. We were driving through the red rock canyons and I am pretty sure Jake was having a panic attack telling Daddy not to drive us off the road. Jake wasn't a fan of the steep drop offs and Mom wasn't either.


Jake my boy you are very much loved by your Mom and your Daddy. You bring us so much joy and we can't even imagine life without you front and center in it. You give us energy to continue on each day and the smiles you bring into our home are countless. I love you so much my big boy and please slow down and never grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment