Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Jake 4 Years

Jake O my boy, your the best little guy to ever happen to your parents life. I love you so very much, always and forever. Jake I don't know how it happened but I blinked and your growing up so quickly on me, I just don't know how you are 4 already. Jake at 4 years old...

1. Jake got accepted into preschool. Jake is officially accepted in to preschool and it is the same one his sister did and so I know he will do great. I am a little nervous to see how well Jake can handle sitting still for so long and listening to his teacher with your ADHD, I think you well excel beyond our imagination. You are going to love school come the fall, so much!


2. Jake had a double ear infection. Jake I am so sorry that you got my bad ears but I am also so glad that you can handle these horrible infections like a champ. With the headband on your ears, the elephants getting on antibiotics and some rest hopefully you will get feeling better haha. The instacare doctor we saw asked if he could see if you had elephants in your ears and he did (the infection) so he said the medicine would help make them go away and run out of your ears. Now whenever you have an ear infection you state you think more elephants got in your ears, I love it!


3. Jake doesn't like heights. Ever since I can remember Jake has hated heights. You know when people will sometimes throw babies into the air or even just swing them around for fun to make them giggle. Every time you would do this to Jake he would scream and cry uncontrollable (just like when people call him Jacob haha). Every once in awhile people will try and play around with Jake and lift him up and HE HATES THAT! Jake always follows with saying, "I hate heights" and he is sobbing uncontrollably. Jake I want you to know that your fear of heights, you got that from your Mom and I am sorry I handed that one to you as well.


4. Jake loved the arcade. Jake loved the family time we spent at the arcades and especially as he was able to get tickets from a lot of the games. Jake loved collecting the tickets and tearing them off as they came out, yes one at a time he wouldn't wait for them to complete (example if he got 10 tickets he would pull them off as fast as he could and would end up with 10 single tickets instead of in a row). Jake also loved all the ride on rides and just made him want to go back to Disneyland even more.


5. Jake is our funny guy. Jake has always done things for a laugh and some of the things he has stated this past month had me laughing, I wish I remembered to write down everything.


One night Mom was complaining of some ear pain and Jake happened to be in Mom and Dads bed because he had a scary nightmare. I was telling your Dad my ears hurt and then from under the covers we hear your little voice, "Mom you can get my headband" (we thought you were sleeping haha). 

Jake hurt Andie and we told him that you would have to say sorry to your sister. Of course we let you say it on your own terms but couldn't play your iPad or anything until it was done. Well since you were sitting on it for so long and we were all waiting for you to say sorry, well all that pressure made you say, "Thank you" and we all busted out laughing, Andie and you included.

Jake called for mom to wipe him. Mom came to the restroom and quickly you said never mind not yet. Mom started to walk away and told you to call me when your done. You then shouted out, "But Mom I don't have a phone" haha.

Jake I love your sense of humor my boy, your the best thing ever!


6. Jake is adventurous. Jake is loving that we are able to go outdoors more as it is starting to warm up. Since the sun is out of course we are going to more outdoors playgrounds instead of the inside ones, and the outside ones seem a bit more dangerous. Jake isn't phased by the danger and instead just runs and explores like any little four year old boy would do,


Jake I love everything about you and I hope you never forget that. I know that you struggle with so much energy and emotion in such a tiny body but I promise you the world is in your hands. Jake just always know your Mom and Dad are both here for you and love you 1000%, we would do anything and everything for you. I love you more then I can ever let you know but I will tell you daily just to give you a fraction of my love for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment