Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas 2014

Christmas festivities started a little early in the Wadsworth home. Zachary and I both worked December 23rd and we got off around the same time in the afternoon. As soon as we arrived home our Thanksgiving turkey we never cooked was thrown into the oven. It will now be our Christmas turkey :)


Starting a frozen turkey at 3 in the afternoon makes for a late dinner! As we waited for our turkey to cook we got a special privilege to watch our little niece Eva. Andie and Eva are 5 days apart and are such good friends (and enemies haha). It was fun to be able to spend that time with our cute niece and Andies cousin :)




Dinner on the 23rd when the turkey was finished started at 11pm. It was a delicious dinner. I don't know why I was worried about cooking the turkey, it's easy but takes forever. My brother Nathan was over from watching Andie earlier that day while Zach and I worked. It's always fun getting to spend time with family.





Christmas Eve morning we wrapped all our presents (we are not procrastinators at all haha). We relaxed at home in our pajamas until close to 5. We quickly showered and got ready and drove to my parents house. We decided it would be a tradition each year to go to Grandpa and Grandma Redds house.


We eat a delicious dinner or should I say Christmas feast. If you weren't stuffed full it was your own fault. We cleaned and headed out to look at Christmas lights. It was fun to watch Andie "Oww" and "Aww" at the lights as we passed by.


Once back to my parents house we all sat in the living room and listened to Christmas stories while eating Carmel popcorn, Andie and I love that stuff! We then all dressed up to act out the nativity. It was so cute to watch Andie be Mary and Zachary be Joseph. I read the story this year and my Mom acted for the first time EVER. It was a fun successful nativity.




We drove home and remembered we needed milk for our Christmas party. Not the best time to not remember the milk. 7 eleven saved us! Once home Andie opened her Christmas pajamas and excitedly put them on. Andie is so cute, I love spending the holidays celebrating with this girl.






Christmas morning we were all a little tired from our late night last night, but who isn't Christmas morning eh? We made our traditional big Christmas breakfast and it was delicious except Andie is not a fan of sausage we have discovered :)




After breakfast we quickly went to the tree and Andie was so excited to start opening her presents. Doll after doll our girl was spoiled :) She loved opening the presents, then quickly having Dad open them out of the package so she could hug and love on them all. Andie is so cute :)


















Time quickly passed by and before we knew it we rushed over to my parents house for my families celebration. Andie was so excited about her car that Grandpa and Grandma Redd got her with a baby included. Cousin Khlcee and Ben got Andie a baby doll, Andie loves babies. 




We also got some special treats from my parents including a gift card to eat out and a fun family day pass to Hollywood (where we met). Jordan got us Turbo and some blankets for Jake plus Melissa and Kari got some sweet clothes and a stuffed alligator for Jake also.


When presents were done being handed out and opened we ate lunch (breakfast foods). We played new games, laughed and made memories. We also received a special announcement from my sister Melissa. Wedding plans are in order, she is engaged :)


Andie was ready for a nap and I was too so we decided to make our last stop to my Grandpa and Grandma Sims to say Merry Christmas before heading home. Andie got a stuffed animal and a book while Zachary and I recieved the never disappointing cash.



Finally we arrived home and all of us Wadsworths crashed. It was a good Christmas celebrating as a family with all our loved ones. We love watching Andies face glow with each gift she opens. It's weird to think we will have two glowing happy faces next year. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday but this year watching my girl I decided it truly is the best one ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment