Saturday, March 8, 2014

Andie 1 Year 9 Months

21 months, a year and 9 months old. I keep telling everyone my daughter is almost 2 when they ask for her age. Each time I hear that roll out of my mouth I am in shock. How is my Andie already almost 2? Andie was just born, a little 5 pounder, yesterday it seems. Andie this past month has...

1. Andie is learning to have more of a conversation with all her many words she knows. She loves that Dad and I are understanding her more, and don't give up until we have learned what she wants. Andie is putting more and more words together instead of just one word at a time. A funny one we hear often when she is annoyed with her cousin Nicholas is "Go away". It makes me laugh each time I hear it!


2. Andie loves the new home. She loves the space to run around. She loves her room with all her toys. She loves all the baby things piling up getting ready for her little brothers arrival. She loves her chair by the fireplace. She loves she can get into all the cupboards. She loves the stairs she climbs to go "Bye". Its safe to say she loves our new home.


3. Andie loves walking in the snow! It's warming up so the snow has disappeared but whenever Andie sees snow she just has to walk in it. It's so cute watching Andie struggle to climb up any piles and little bit of ice she can find. Next winter will be so fun with my little girl!


4. Andie loves babies. She has never seen one in real life up close BUT between movies and her dolls she loves them! She has started to play with her dolls and make them cry like a baby. It confuses me every time because I think she is crying. Andie probably thinks it's funny I come running into her room every time, with out a doubt when she is making her doll cry :)


5. Andie has learned to whistle like Grandpa Redd, or should I say "attempts" too. My dad will put his fingers in his mouth and whistle so loudly. Andie now will put her fingers by the edge of her lips and make a noise with her mouth pretending she whistled. I love that Andie can pick things up so quickly, her little brain is constantly at work.


6. Andie got a new pink winter coat and loves it. It's sad I finally get her a big winter coat and then it warms up. Andie still loves her coat and would wear it all the time if we let her ;)


7. Andie loves to clean. Andie has always been a good helper in watching us put toys away and helping us the best she can. With us cleaning our old apartment we used a lot of Lysol wipes. Andie has now learned to wipe down anything and everything. Andie will find any wipes and start wiping off anything in site. Our walls, couches, chairs and clothes get little bit cleaner as she races around cleaning everything!


8. Andie loves Pinterest, she must take after her mother. Her favorite thing to do is to grab Moms phone, open Pinterest and scroll and scroll. Every now and again she shows me a pin, laughs then moves on. I have found some weird pins and likes that she has made me do. Good thing we can go in and edit!


I love my Andie and all she is learning. Being a mother to her is such a special privilege I will never take for granted. I love my Andie and all her spunky personality that comes along with her. It's almost been 2 years with my girl but it's been in reality a life time. I can't imagine how life was without our Andie there to bring us joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment