Saturday, August 23, 2014

Jake 5 Months

Little man Jake is 5 months old. His personality shines through more everyday. He is the quite shy one that laughs at everything, you know those people (kind of like his mother, unit you know me then I won't shut up). His smile is the best and eyes take your breath away. He is the handsomest little dude. At 5 months old Jake is...

1. Jake is rolling over. Jake can roll onto his stomach and then he gets stuck and he hates it. You can only stand tummy time for so long. It's so funny watching him struggle (I know I am mean). Don't babies usually learn to roll from stomach to back first? My little boy is a smart one!


2. Jake loves Andie. Jake watches his sister like a hawk. He laughs at her, smiles at her and plays with her. Jake loves her hugs and kisses from his sister and just her whole being. I love watching my children interact.


3. Jake has tried rice cereal and has mixed emotions about it. Jake loves the real food experience. He watches us eat with such curious eyes and was so excited to try some food. He couldn't handle the rice cereal in his belly and was up for hours throwing up. Poor guy! We will give it a few weeks and try something else.


4. Jake hates the jumper. You know the jumpers you put in doorways and lots of babies love them? Yeah Jake hates it. It could be the fact the Andie will spin him whenever she sees him in it or that he is not a fan of being left in a doorway but it is definitely not his favorite.


5. Jake has a new cousin. He actually has two new cousins but I didn't state that in his last month post that he already had one. Hunter and Michael will be his buddies at family events, to bad they both live in different states now. Jake did see Michael and it made me realize how much he has grown since being born (they weighed about the same at birth). My baby is getting so big!


6. Jake can hold his bottle by himself but prefers not to. If Jake has to hold his own bottle I don't get my cuddle time with him and that's not fun. So yes I assume Jake and I would both rather have Mommy hold it.


7. Jake is our little thumb sucker. Jake prefers his thumb over a binky. How are you suppose to break a thumb sucking habit, you can't chop off or throw away a thumb like you can a binky? Oh the challenges my boy puts me through.


8. Jake hates getting his nose wiped. We discovered this when he was eating rice cereal and got some on his nose. We wiped it and he freaked out frantically shacking his head and crying. I didn't know getting your nose wiped was so traumatic. Silly guy, he better not ever get a runny nose!


Jake is such a funny loving guy. Everything this boy does I love him even more. Jake is perfect in every way possible. I am so blessed to call this little man mine forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment