Wednesday, August 20, 2014

One Year Employed

Just over a year ago I was struggling with the idea of having to find a job. I loved being a stay at home Mom, spending all my time watching over my little girl. Financial situations shifted with Zachary needing to find a new job to work with his full time school schedule. I disappointedly finally agreed to apply for jobs.


I took a phlebotomy course after finding out my CNA license was expired and I would have to pay to go through another class if I wanted to do the medical field. Phlebotomy class was cheaper then CNA so I went that route. It was a fun few days taking the course and learning to stab people ;) I met some neat people too. I got my certificate and started applying.


I applied for every Phlebotomy job I could find thinking with my past 2 years as a CNA would give me a good opportunity. I got no calls back, I was a little discouraged. The idea kept popping into my head I could just stay home and everything would work out (I knew that wasn't a possibility it was just wishful thinking).


I kept applying and came across a few receptionist jobs and applied for those as well. After all the nurses I used to work with said I was a good CNA but I was so organized so they always said I would make a great receptionist (I do like receptionist work - Organizing, Writing, Typing, Stamping, Folding, Filing. Yeah sign me up).


FINALLY I got a phone call for an interview at the LDS Hospital Sleep Center. I was so nervous! My only interactions with humans the last year was my baby girl and husband. I was really out of practice on how to talk to adults. I must of did okay because a week later I got a call and was offered the job. During that week other jobs started calling for interviews but for some reason I just wanted to hear back from LDS first. Good thing I waited!


I started August 12, 2013. I have been with Intermountain for over a year now and I am loving it. A lot has happened in the last year with me finding out I was pregnant with Jake, moving to a new home, maternity leave, sick kids, not finding babysitters, forgetting pre-auths etc. My job has been so patient with me through it all. I couldn't of asked for a better boss, coworkers, company or job in general. I love receptionist work and working at LDS (and 3 other locations now). Being a working mother is not so bad when you have a job you love :)



One year at Intermountain complete and hopefully many more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment