Saturday, June 13, 2015

Wadsworth #3

Surprise there is a third little Wadsworth on the way :)


Back in the beginning of March I was starting to get serious again about my weight loss. It seems whenever I get motivation back that is when I find out I am pregnant. I was going to order some products online to help kickstart but decided just in case to take a pregnancy test....it was negative! I wasn't bummed as it usually takes me 9 months to get pregnant and we had just stopped preventing (TMI I know). So I ordered the products and excitedly awaited to get the package in the mail.


Three days later I started to think something was different (still). I felt like I had known I was pregnant but the last test was negative so I tried to push that thought to the side. I couldn't knock the feeling that I was pregnant though. I woke up and took another test and got the faintest positive! I usually do something big to tell Zachary about the pregnancies but how am I supposed to know if this is true when it was just negative and is now super faint. Zachary walked in to the bathroom and we decided any positive is a positive but we would test again in a few days.


Three days later I test once again and finally get the dark positive. It is confirmed that Wadsworth number three is on its way, due in November. By the time you have a third kid you start to know the rig and roll of how things work. I calculated my weeks and waited until the following Monday to schedule an appointment at "The Pregnancy Resource Center".


I went in to my appointment excited to get my pregnancy verification. I explained to them how dizzy I have been feeling and no other symptoms. I never really get morning sickness, yes you can hate me for this ;). I took the test and once again it was super faint....WHAT! I was confused and they basically told me you are probably miscarrying and to come back in a week if I haven't started to bleed. I was so confused and not expecting this to happen. Lets just say I have consumed ALOT of chocolate thus far this pregnancy with the stress.


A week passed and still nothing was happening besides the normal cramping you have in the beginning of pregnancy. I went in and they did an ultrasound. My bladder was SO FULL, and it made it hard to see things, I didn't think I drank that much water ;). I was at the appointment for an hour and left with a little ring picture like I had with Jake, but there was no heartbeat. Can this pregnancy get anymore stressful. I am in love with my little "BD" and can't stand the thought of losing my baby.


Two weeks later I go back to "The Pregnancy Resource Center" for a second ultrasound. I was nervous beyond all belief by this point. I waited for what felt like an eternity before making my way back to the ultrasound again. I lay there alone just praying for a heartbeat. They start and ultrasound and nothing....still nothing....for what was a good half hour. Finally instructed to empty my bladder as I tried to hold my composure, hard to do with all these hormones ;) I go back to the ultrasound and still nothing, come on baby. They tech searched high and low and FINALLY spotted it. Our little "BD" appeared with a strong heartbeat. The tech was stating it was the most perfect heart pattern she has seen, 153 beats per minute.


Wadsworth number three has given Mom and Dad such a headache already but we love them. Now I await for the June/July ultrasound for the gender reveal, maybe baby will cooperate this time a little better ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you poor thing! What a hard thing to go through. I am glad everything is going good and cant wait to see what this one is for you.

    ReplyDelete