Saturday, August 27, 2016

Jake 2 Years 5 Months

Jake Oliver you have grown so much this past month and your vocabulary has blown me away. You all of the sudden act like your such a big boy and it is freaking your mother out, I am not ready for you to grow up on me. I love you my boy! Jake Oliver at 2 years 5 months...

1. Jake got his own iPad. Yes call us crazy but Andie got her own iPad that was given to us when she was so little we decided it was about time for Jake to get his own since the fighting over Andie's was getting a bit out of hand. Jake is LOVING his new red iPad that he can play games on or what McQueen whenever he wants too.


2. Jake wants to work at Disneyland. Jake has been wanting to get out of the house as often as possible so he decided one day he was going to go to work (mom and dad get to leave the house to go to work so why can't he?). "Bye Mom, I go work at Disneyland" way to melt a Disney loving Mothers heart boy. So cute!


3. Jake is very opinionated. Since this past month Jakes vocabulary has blown me out of this world then he has become very opinionated, after all he can talk and tell us what he really wants. Even when it comes to what type of cheese he wants (sliced or string cheese) don't mess up he will be angry and tell you exactly how it is, and no he doesn't like to have the same cheese twice. Jake is such an amazing little boy, how did I get so lucky to be his mother?


4. Jake is wearing size 3T clothes. How is my little boy getting so big? Jake was growing out of all his clothes. Belly shirts and capris for all of his pants were getting a little extreme so we made a shopping spree and got Jake a whole new wardrobe all in 3T sizing.


5. Jake had some problems with his toes (look away). Jake has been complaining about his big toes hurting him and we didn't notice much. I then went to go cut his nails and the bottom of the nail is peeling off, HOW? So I obviously turned to the web and found out he was going to basically die (that is what the internet health questions have come to, cancer). I freaked out and decided I would take him to the doctor to get some correct answers. The day I made the appointment Jake tripped and his whole nail peeled up (OUCH!). I felt like the worst mother. We placed a bandaid on it and made it to his doctors appointment that afternoon. The doctor basically stated it all started by having to small of shoes (yes he did have small shoes for a REALLY long time and I didn't even notice, a while ago, but I replaced those and didn't think his feet would be ruined because of it). Well Jake also smashed his toes somehow and so therefore the toenails would need to fall off and new ones would grow back in. The doctor told us that on one foot the nail was already completely dead (the one he tripped on and it all lifted up) so that one was to be removed as soon as it became less red looking. Now his toes are doing much better and I check his shoes quite often to see if he needs bigger sizes, in fact let me go check right now. I am glad Jake will have all brand new toenails in just a bit and how my boy has been such a champ through this whole event.


6. Jake loves Uncle Tyson. I didn't realize how much Jake missed his Uncle Tyson until he got back from a month long vacation this past month and Jake was overjoyed with so much excitement he didn't even know what to do with his little body, it was adorable! Tyson is the best little buddy!


7. Jake still loves McQueen. Jake actually calls McQueen the correct name now not just Bugow, it's so cute! Jake sleeps with his little bath toy McQueen and it is the cutest thing ever but also makes me think that maybe I should spend some money and get him an actual stuffed Lightning McQueen.


Jake Oliver you are growing so quickly and have surprised your mother with all you know this past month. Your talking has exploded and it is so fun to have so many conversations with you, your jokes are amazing and the answers make me overjoyed. I love you so much my baby boy and can't ever imagine life without you. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment