Friday, May 24, 2013

Taylor Lynn Landrum

Dear Taylor, 
             I remember the day your mom found out she was pregnant. She called me with such excitement stating proudly that she was expecting. February would be such a great month, I would be able to meet such a special spirit. At 20 weeks pregnant I got another call from your mother. She was so worried about your health. They found out you had heart problems. Nothing could be done at this time for your health besides the growth your mom could assist you with. The day you were born was such an exciting day. All your aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, your parents and older brother were so anxious to see you. You arrived into the world February 21st 2012.



I was so excited to go up to the hospital and hold you for the first time. When I arrived at the hospital I wasn't expecting you to be in the NICU. Your mom and dad were so strong. They stayed by your side every day for as long as they could. You were so perfect and I knew right away you were such a special spirit. You brought so much love to my heart and all who saw you! Ever since that first phone call showing that positive test, I have loved you. I will continue to love you for all of eternity. We made some great memories together. I took you to Walmart one day with your cousin Andie. Everyone thought you two were twins. I didn't want to explain you were just cousins so I agreed to every comment. You and Andie were about the same size at the time.


You and Andie had such a special relationship, it reminded me of your mothers and mine. The last time I babysat you at my home, I built a gate out of chairs so you wouldn't get in the kitchen. Andie and you would babble to each other I am assuming making a plan on how to get through the gate. You two tried everything from getting on top of each other to both pushing on one chair at the same time.


You girls loved each other and will continue to be friends in the next life. Andie wasn't always so nice to you. She pulled on your tubes and took your headbands off. She tried to be so helpful by getting those things off of you. She loved you and will continue to love you!


I remember the day you were blessed. You were so proud to be in a little white dress. You knew you were pretty! Your smile shown through throughout your whole life. You smiled through your pain and loved all who came in contact with you. Your spirit shown throughout your whole body. You are strong, we love you.


I didn't get much one on one time with you and it will always be my deepest regret. As life continues, you have taught me a very important lesson. I have always known family is important and that items mean nothing. I would give up everything I have to spend one more day with you. I will cherish every moment with my family, and all the extended family. Life is short and has no time for regrets. Thank you for teaching me such a valuable lesson. You are our angel. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful guardian angel to watch over my sister, your mom. Your smile and the way you lived life to the fullest is something I will strive to be more like. Thank you for the opportunity I have to be your Aunt. I am a better person because of knowing you! I love you Taylor Lynn! 
                                            Love, Aunt Laurel.

1 comment: