Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Jake 1 Month

Jake Oliver is one month already? This past month has flown, at least since he has been out of the hospital. I forgot how tiring it is to get up in the middle of the night, but seeing Jakes big eyes looking up at me is the best feeling. I wouldn't change the past month for anything! At one month old Jake...

1. Jake spent the first 10 days of his life in the NICU. I spent everyday for a week going to the hospital at least once a day sometimes 2 or 3 times for his feeding. It was so hard to watch my little boy go through so much with the hole and fluid in his lungs and with an infection on top of it all. Jake has proved he is a strong boy.


2. Jake sneezes a lot. He seems to sneeze in 4-5 incriminates each time. It's so cute watching such a little body sneeze that many times in a row!


3. Jake weighs 8#15oz at his first doctor appointment. That is a whole pound plus some he has gained since birth. Jake is in the 75% for both his height and weight average. What a big boy :) Jake also got a procedure done on his umbilical cord. It was cut off and scabbed over at the office because it showed no signs of falling off. What a crazy procedure!


4. Jake eats every 3-4 hours and takes 4oz each time. Jake wears size 1 diapers, because we ran out of newborn (I am sure he could still wear them if we had the option). Jake wore newborn clothes for only a couple days of being home from the hospital before we moved him to size 0-3 month clothes. What a big change from his sister Andie. I love my growing boy.


5. Jake hates getting his toenails cut. Jakes doesn't mind getting his fingernails cut but go near his feet and you have one unhappy boy!


6. Jake loves being swaddled. It makes it hard when he likes to be swaddled and it's warm outside, I don't want to overheat the poor guy. I do the best I can and swaddle Jake as much as possible. I am guessing from the NICU and being wrapped so much he loves it now.


7. Jake loves to explore. I love Jakes big eyes and tiny face. Whenever Jake is awake his eyes are constantly wandering, staring and exploring. I know it's normal for babies to look around but the curiosity in Jakes eyes of the world around him is astounding.


8. Jake met his sister Andie for the first time. I assume Jake loves his sister more then we know but with him laying so helpless right now when Andie gets near him you see Jakes body tense up. I can't help but smile watching my children love each other and Jake being so scared on if his sister will hurt him :)


9. Jake loves tummy time. I am lucky with my boy to have a baby that loves to lay on his stomach so much. If Jake is having a tough time and crying we just lay him on his stomach and he calms right down. Jake loves laying on his belly just like his Mom.


Jake is such a fantastic new addition to the Wadsworth family. I love cuddling my boy and loving him every moment I get. Watching him grow this past month has been amazing and I can't wait to watch him grow more and more each day to the fantastic young man I know he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment