Thursday, May 22, 2014

Jake 2 Months

Jake is growing so fast. I feel like I never got time to really soak in his baby small self because he is already 2 months old and getting to big, why can't time just freeze! Jake at 2 months old...

1. Jake celebrated his first Easter. We didn't do much for him since he wouldn't be able to hunt for eggs, decorate eggs or eat the yummy Easter candy (mini eggs haha). I did get a photo shoot with Jake in all his Easter glory!


2. Jake loves to be rocked. Jake is such a cuddly baby! He loves to be nice and close to someone cuddled up into them. He is such a stud :) If you walk and rock him or put him in his swing he loves both. Rocking motion is his favorite! It makes me excited because I know he will love rides just like his sister and parents. Bring on Disneyland!


3. Jake switched formulas. Jake was having so many issues with spitting up his whole bottle with every meal. I finally took him into the doctor after Easter and we found out he is lactose intolerant. Jake is now on soy formula and holding most of his food down. He is finally gaining weight and I don't have to worry about him getting dehydrated! Gosh my boy worries me.


4. Jake sleeps for 4-5 hours at night. We have discovered Jake will sleep longer throughout the night if we have him lay in our bed with us. Its not very comfy having 3 and sometimes 4 people on our queen sized bed so we try to put him in his crib as much as possible BUT if we are extra tired we can count on cosleeping to have our boy sleep a few extra hours longer!


5. Jake had his baby blessing this month. Jake was so cute in his little white suit! The blessing his father gave him was so amazing. He spoke of being a great example, going on missions and marrying in the temple. What a wonderful life my Jake will live!


6. Jake is a Mommy's boy (at least for now). Jake will watch me wherever I go, his eyes are always glued to me. I think its so cute how intently he looks at me! I love my boy and all the love he has for me. I am so grateful to be this amazing boys mother!


7. Jake is 12 pounds 8 ounces and almost 24 inches tall. How is my baby boy growing so fast. I think within the next couple weeks we will be switching Jake over to 3-6 month clothes. We have noticed the sleepers are getting to short, onesies are a little snug on him and pants are looking more like capris. Jake is eating 5oz every 4 hours and wearing size 1 diapers with sleeping 4 hours at night. He is like a clock and every 4 hours on the dot he needs food in his belly right now or else! I can't believe how big my 7 pound baby is getting already!


Jake is such a fun, loving and cute boy. He is a blessing to me, his Daddy and older sister. Our lives are better because of his presence in it. I love my Jake Oliver, every day is a blessing with him by our side!

No comments:

Post a Comment