Saturday, February 10, 2018

Brooklyn 2 Years

Brooklyn you are two years old. How is my baby girl two already? Watching you grow up is definitely a dream come true but it has been SO HARD on your mother as well. Struggling with infertility as we desire to give you a baby just like you so desperately want, has been hard. I have never had a baby turn two without another sibling. I enjoy all this extra time with you though so don't get me wrong, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Brooklyn Riley you truly are a blessing in my life. Brooklyn at 2 years old...

1. Brooklyn loves sweaters. Brooklyn you are the perfect little winter baby because sweaters are life. Each day when we are picking out an outfit for you, you immediately go for any sweaters that are hanging up. Since we have had such an obsession I may have gotten my princess a couple more. Sweaters are amazing, princess!


2. Brooklyn celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving. Brooklyn has always been my girl who knows when good food is around you must partake of the deliciousness. Brooklyn loved getting to play with all of her cousins and of course she always loves playing with all of her siblings. This girl knows how to party!


3. Brooklyn had fun at Cornbellys. We all enjoyed our Halloween family fun time by going to Cornbelly's. Brooklyn seemed to enjoy her time at cornbellys until the sun started to set and the poor girl turned blue. We tried to bundle Brooklyn up but she was shivering like crazy, I felt horrible for her. The second time around we went it was a bit warmer and we were able to leave early enough and dress extra warm. Brooklyn really enjoyed the slide, kernel pit and of course the tractor barrels.


4. Brooklyn was Elsa for Halloween. Brooklyn was kinda confused why we let her pick out a new Elsa costume and why we were so excited to get her dressed up with her bucket. Once we got to the first trunk or treat and showed Brooklyn the tricks of the trade she was having the time of her life. This girl loves herself some candy! Brooklyn made the cutest Elsa ever and Halloween was such a hit.


5. Brooklyn hates wearing dresses. Each Sunday is such a struggle with Brooklyn because she would rather throw on a sweater and some leggings and be on with her day. Brooklyn is such a comfy gal with her style and doesn't want to wear anything that she doesn't chose too. I keep hoping maybe Brooklyn will get used to the idea of wearing lots of dresses because I have so many I want her to wear that is hanging in her closet. One day maybe...


6. Brooklyn got a bunkbed. We knew for awhile that we were going to be getting bunkbeds for the kids since moving last January. We ended up taking the railing on the crib just a bit ago to see if she will stay in her won bed and she surprised us by doing pretty well. Of course she thought it was difficult because her siblings shared a bed and she had to be on her own but things were doing well. Since the bunkbed and Brooklyn got to pick out her own Elsa bedding, she has been in HEAVEN! Now we just need to rid the binky habit.


7. Brooklyn loves sitting at her sisters desk. Brooklyn is artsy like the rest of the girls in the family and of course wishes she had her own desk to be able to color her heart out. Occasionally when Andie is at school Brooklyn takes this wonderful opportunity to pull out the coloring books and really get her imagination to work. I love watching Brooklyn with her giant smile on her face and that marker in her left hand scribbling away. Makes my Mom heart melt, I love you baby girl!


8. Brooklyn is a Mommy's girl. Brooklyn has been clinging to Mom lately and this is HUGE for me because I feel like she has always been a Daddy's girl. Ever since Mom went back to work after having Brooklyn I have been working full time and I have HATED that I haven't been home with my girl as much. Since I am home a lot more during the daytime with working nights Brooklyn is loving the extra Mom time and I am loving the extra cuddles from my baby girl.


9. Brooklyn is so hesitant. Brooklyn is my girl who is more hesitant to try new things or do something without seeing how its done. Brooklyn is very cautious with everything she does or say and it is the cutest thing ever, I love my girl.


Brooklyn Riley you are the most perfect little addition. You came and blessed our life when we needed it the most. Each time we wanted to add a child into our family it would take almost a year but not you. You may be cautious about everything you do and very hesitant BUT you came to us just a month after thinking of you. I don't know how we were blessed to have you exactly when we did but I would change NOTHING. You my princess are everything, I love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment