Thursday, February 15, 2018

Jake 3 Years 8 Months

Jakey Jake my boy I love you so much. Why are you going to be four years old so soon? WHAT! I love watching you grow and learn everything you possibly can, you truly know how to enjoy life to the fullest. Jake at 3 years 8 months old...


1. Jake went to Cornbelly's, AGAIN! Jake has LOVED Cornbellys so much both times we have gone. Jake was obsessed with the tractor pulling the barrels probably the most this time around but enjoyed everything else just the same too: Kernel pit, slide and playground. Jake never wanted to leave so next Halloween should hurry on up.


2. Jake visited the Dentist for the first time. I had been avoiding getting Jake in to the dentist and not even 100% why, probably worried because of the fact he has a chipped tooth and might have a lot of cavities which would make me a guilty mother. Oops! Jake actually did pretty AMAZING at his dental appointment and tried to be so brave. X-rays went fantastic, exam was amazing, brushing teeth was okay BUT polishing the teeth NOPE. They tried to show what they would do to his teeth on his finger and it got hot and Jake doesn't like HOT. So that ended his bravery and he was done after that. Jake left cavity free, he has perfect bottom fence teeth (apparently that is how they are supposed to look like) and the chip on his front tooth won't need to be fixed unless he decides or it starts to cause him pain. I am so proud of my boy!


3. Jake was McQueen for Halloween. Jake has been obsessed with Lightning McQueen all year long and so of course when Halloween came along McQueen was the TOP choice for costume. I was stumped on how I would make this work but at Target had this amazing costume. I tried it on to make sure the fit was just right and Jake ran around the store saying "Vroom, Vroom" and it was the cutest thing. Jake made the cutest McQueen and I hope you never grow out of this Lightning loving stage!


4. Jake wants a brother SO BADLY! I struggle with this so badly because if it was my choice I would of already given my boy a brother by now that he could grow with just like his sisters have each other. Jake is learning from Andie that the opposite gender has cooties, what else do you learn from your peers in Kindergarten? Jake wants to hang out with boys and sadly we don't have any around us so playgrounds are his sanctuary. Jake even if you are my only boy I ever have, YOU are the PERFECT BOY and I love you so very much!


5. Jake got a bunkbed. Jake has been sharing a bed with his sisters for a very long time so the idea of his very own bed was the best thing ever. Jake was excited to finally be able to pick his own bedding, which was of course McQueen, and have all his stuffed animals on his own bed. Jake loves the idea that hopefully a new sibling will sleep under his bed on the lower bunk one day but until then he loves having a bed ALL of his own.


6. Jake likes Buzz Lightyear. This past month Jake has been getting more and more into Buzz Lightyear. Toy Story is being watched a couple times a day and I am totally okay with that. Jake loves sleeping with his little toy story buzz stuffed animal and it's the cutest thing. I love my cute boy!


7. Jake has been crying to "go home". Jake has been having a really hard time as he is remembering when we used to live in the other basement, the one we lived in his whole life up until the flooding all happened. Jake has been so distraught with the idea that we are in Grandpa and Grandmas home and we need our old home of just us back. I feel so horrible I can't give that to him, Jake if I could I WOULD! I love you my little guy.


8. Jake is my funny little man. Jake is going to be the class clown of the classroom when he is in school. He is always in for a good laugh and knows just how to bring out that smile even when you are trying to hold it back. Some of the funny things Jake has said is when he was looking at an old photo of his Dad and Mom when we first started dating. He then made the comment of, "Daddy not crazy anymore". HAHA I guess Daddy's hair was spiked a little different back in the teen days. Another funny thing Jake did was when Mom was about to head out to work the night shift, little man sat on Moms lap to try to hold me down so I couldn't leave. The kids HATE Mom working! Jake my boy I will try to stop working as soon as I can, promise.


9. Jake got Cars 3. We have waited for this day from the moment we even heard about the new Cars moving coming out in theaters. The day finally came we were able to buy digitally this awesome movie and Jake and Mom woke up early just to be able to watch it. I love that I have a Cars loving kid because Mater was Moms thing when Cars first came out and now I have my little McQueen loving boy. Perfect pair!


Jake Oliver you have such a wonderful life ahead of you. I know that you have ambition that can lead you anywhere you want to go. I love you so much my handsome little boy and I will always do everything I possibly can to bring that smile across your face. I love everything about you, always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment