Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Jake 3 Years 7 Months

Jake Oliver you are growing so quickly and what a great brother you are to your sisters. I am so amazed that I get to call you mine because of your contagious laugh, sweet personality and of course that  amazing smile! I love you, always and forever. Jake at 3 years 7 months old...

1. Jake is a no pink/purple girly colors stage. Jake will get mad when I pull out the kids clothes and he thinks I will be dressing him in those. Jake hates the thought of me placing him in Brooklyn's pink pants and it's hilarious. I always have to advise him that there aren't his but he stresses until he has pants completely on, zipped and all. I love my silly boy.


2. Jake you have always been the easiest one to put to sleep. Jake is related to his father in falling asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. It's always so nice putting that boy to sleep because sometimes he is snoring before I even start reading the story. Jake has always been a bit easier with sleep, except that first year when he suffered from so much acid reflux but we try not to remember those long sleepless nights.


3. Jake loves somersaults. Jake is always jumping off anything he can possible climb on. Jake has always been my active boy and I don't see that ending any time soon. Jake has always loved doing somersaults too and he has even taught his sisters this sweet skill of his.


4. Jake HATES being called Jacob. I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before on his monthly posts but it has been awhile that he has hated this. One time when we were walking around a store someone was standing by us and kept calling for "Jacob". This person wasn't even talking to us but this somehow got under Jake's skin and this obsession started (he literally cries, real tears, very hard like). Maybe Jake has been called Jacob before, I know I get that comment from people all the time that I should of named him that instead of a nickname but I don't like it. I love Jake and that is why I named my boy Jake.


5. Jake is still sword obsessed. Jake thinks swords are the coolest thing and he loves to pretend to be Jake and the Neverland Pirate or someone from Star Wars. Jake is my little fighter and I have no fear with him around he is my protector.


6. Jake loves Cornbelly's. Cornbelly's was literally a hit with the whole family. Jake was in pure heaven with the big slide, but what really gave this kid pure happiness was the kernel pit. Throwing those kernels around, running around and just having the time of his life was everything for this little boy of mine.


7. Jake is ice obsessed. Since we go to McDonalds a few more times then I like to admit of course we have ice quite a bit. Once the drink is gone the ice is the best part, am I right? Jake has discovered this ice loving and always is using more ice, especially when we leave for home. Smart kid!


8. Jake scared Mom to death. Mom has been working nights and so when I come home I try to sleep but while listening for the kids as I didn't have a babysitter. Jake decided one time to be super quiet and get himself and Brooklyn dressed complete with shoes and coats. They then decided to walk to McDonalds, ahhhhh. They didn't get to far because thank goodness Andie was home and came and told me. Gosh Jake never do that again, you gave me a heart attack!


Jake you have the best sense of humor, you have the best crazy laugh and of course you have the best little boy personality. Jake you are my world and I would have you change nothing about you. You have so much in life to offer and I know you will do such great things! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment