Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sick Kids

Do you know what is worse then having one sick kid? Having three sick kids all at the same time! To say the Wadsworth parents have been a little sleep deprived is just an understatement. They kids one by one stared telling us that their ears hurt, noses started running and then the eyes started to gunk up. I felt so bad for all my kiddos as they suffered. 


It finally got to the point one night that Andie went to bed at 4:30pm crying in pain. Brooklyn wanted to sleep that same time but wouldn't fall asleep unless my hands were clasped over her ears, poor girls. Jake was trying to be tuff and doing a great job at it. We decided the next day we would need to take them to the doctors, but I only made an appointment for Andie (I thought if one would be seriously sick I would then take the other two in, great thinking right? NOT).


So Zachary took Andie in, while Mom was at work and Grandma was home with the other two. Come to find out Andie had a severe ear infections (both ears with puss included), basically strep throat, severe eye infections and of course a cold. With this diagnosis and the doctors office closing at noon I knew I needed to rush the other two in ASAP. Luckily my boss was at work that day and I ran to her saying I needed to leave for a bit to take my kids to the doctors and basically ran out. I called my Mom and asked if she could drive Jake and Brooklyn to the doctors office and I would meet her there. Zachary was taking Andie home to pick up the medication ordered and get her ready for preschool because this girl doesn't want to miss a single day, she loves school (Andie did fall asleep on the playground and her friend had to wake her up so maybe we should of kept her home haha)


Of course the outcome was that ALL THREE KIDS had the exact same diagnosis. My kiddos were in so much pain! I never associated runny noses with earaches but apparently this is a normal thing so always pay attention to those noses and eyes parents. For the next few weeks we would be giving kids their antibiotics 3x per day and eye drops 2x a day (it was supposed to be 3x a day but it is impossible to do eye drops without two adults there, one to hold the child down and the other to pry the eyes open). 



Hopefully the kiddos get feeling better sooner then later and it just never comes back. Happy healthy kids you should NEVER take for granted! I love you, all my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment