Friday, December 16, 2016

Birthday Times 26

How am I closer to 30 then I am to 20 now?! I still feel like I just graduated high school like 2 years ago. This year my birthday happened to fall on a Sunday and my husband is amazing and planned a small date for us the day before. He arranged a sitter for the kids and booked a movie. We went over to Cafe Rio because hello I can't get enough of their salads lately.



After we ate dinner we hurried over to the theater to watch, can you guess? Moana! Disney didn't even disappoint. I was a bit concerned because the trailers weren't catching me like normal but it is nothing like expected. I loved it! Now we can't wait to take Andie sometime soon.




When the movie was over we ran over to a store to get me a new sweater because mine has holes in it and it is getting freezing cold at night. My husband is so sweet to spoil me like that. We of course then hurried home to the kids and upon arriving we came into our house and there was a surprise awaiting from my parents.


We got a deep freezer! I didn't realize how excited I was about this until I saw it in our basement. I immediately went to work and got on the library website and put holds on some freezer meal cookbooks. I am so excited to try out a new way of cooking.

Morning of my birthday we ate the traditional donuts. Of course we had to wait until Daddy was home from work before diving into them. It's always so fun to have the birthday donuts.












We then opened some presents up. YOU GUYS I was so spoiled this year. I got a new outfit because my brother is getting married and I didn't have anything to wear to it so I got an outfit that I love complete with accessories and shoes. I also got a small blanket to place over my legs early in the morning since I wear a skirt daily for work.











After the gifts we got ready for church, went to church and then after church we had a little bit of time to burn before heading to Zachary's Dads house for Thanksgiving dinner so of course we had time for cake. Andie decorated the cake on her own and I think it is my best birthday cake yet. My whole party was decorated by Andie and she did such an amazing job and I love her creativity.









Evening arrived and we went to the Thanksgiving dinner, it was nice to see a bit of Zach's family since it has been since like Father's Day. It was such a good day to turn 26, now to bring on my Golden Birthday next year! AHHH I am getting so old.




1 comment: