Sunday, December 11, 2016

Halloween

Each year I think I like Halloween just a bit more and more, did you ever think that was possible? I love watching the kids get excited about their pumpkins and picking out their costumes and then finally trick-or-treating and look at the loot when they get home. Halloween is AMAZING as a parent!


We colored pumpkins this year with sharpies because to be honest carving is a bit over my head, maybe next year. The kids loved being able to fully decorate their own individual pumpkins. Brooklyn mainly ate her sharpie and drew a few lines so I had to write her name to show more. Andie went all out and on one side of her pumpkin she did heart and family names while on the other she did the coolest pumpkin face ever, I am so proud of her creative abilities. Jake went all out on his pumpkin and had such a blast scribbling and doing his own design, I love that boy.












After we did pumpkins I had the kids test out the costumes and then I had to search for the warm clothes to place under them (the Canadian in me) and some pails for the candy. We had to search at like 5 different Walmarts just to find the pumpkin one dollar pails, I didn't want to pay more then that. I finally hit a Jackpot at the Walmart downtown. 









On Halloween night we went over to our ward Trunk-or-Treat. We had the wagon which was good to carry our candy to give away around as we went with the kids. At each stop we would take a few of our fruit snacks (that is what we hand out) and would give them back as they placed candy in our buckets. We figured since we didn't have a vehicle out we had to still participate and it has worked for two years like this. The kids LOVED going around and Brooklyn loved sitting in the wagon eating anything she could manage to open on her own.










After the Trunk-or-Treat Andie really wanted to go out door to door. So we went out just around out block and Andie was in HEAVEN! Jake was a bit more cautious with things but still enjoyed the experience, he will roll with anything his sister does.







After Andie agreed she was done we all gathered up in the van and went over to John's house (Zach's patient) and visited there with him for an hour or so. On the drive back home ALL the kiddos were beat. We made it inside with all the kids fast asleep and so they didn't get to see the loot they received until the next morning, it's okay it gave Mom time to evenly split the candy (and maybe steal a few of the ones I wanted ;) It's okay kids all parents do it).




Of course before I let the kids devour the candy the next morning I had to grab some good photos of the kids in their individual costumes. It's a lot easier to take photos of the kids when you have their candy as a bribe. Halloween was so fun and we are already coming up with ideas for next year :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment