Sunday, December 18, 2016

Brooklyn 1 Year 1 Month

Brooklyn is already a month in to her second year of life my goodness is she growing quickly. I feel like Brooklyn's first year was the fastest year yet and now her second year of life is flying by just as quickly. WHY? Brooklyn at 1 year 1 month...

1. Brooklyn hates shoes. Brooklyn has always hated things on her feet, socks have been her worst nightmare. Now Brooklyn is to the point she needs to start wearing shoes and she is HATING IT! Brooklyn is constantly pulling off her shoes and socks as quickly as she can as soon as a moment arises where Mom and Dad aren't watching her. Smart kid!


2. Brooklyn has been taking more steps. Brooklyn is very ambitious and definitely determined BUT she still won't do anything unless she knows she can succeed. Walking is taking her a minute to fully accomplish just because of her personality. She takes steps here and there and surprises us all the time by taking off walking one day and then the next day she would just rather crawl and won't walk no matter how much you try and make her. Brooklyn definitely is very independent!


3. Brooklyn celebrated Thanksgiving. Brooklyn probably has a new favorite holiday because this girl loves her food and all Thanksgiving is about is stuffing your face with delicious food. It was so fun to watch Brooklyn try all her foods especially as she is getting more picky with how the food tastes.


4. Brooklyn celebrated her birthday with extended family. Brooklyn had a family party at her Grandparents house complete with decorations, yummy food, lots of presents and of course cake. Brooklyn had such a great time being the center of attention.


5. Brooklyn has a glare face. As I watch Brooklyn when she is looking at someone she does this kind of glare face. People always tell me I look mad and I always tell them no and I wasn't glaring at them. I think Brooklyn has this face, we just have a killer looking rest face. Brooklyn constantly is glaring at people but not really being mad at them it is just the way she watches people and it is so funny to see that that is what people mean when they talk about me.


6. Brooklyn is always in the Tupperware cupboard. We have had two other kids that have kind of let this cupboard be and not been to interested in it. Brooklyn LOVES playing with all the Tupperware containers and no matter how many times you tell her no she just HAS TO DO IT! I love my Brooklyn girl.


7. Brooklyn went to a Wedding. Brooklyn went to her Uncle Jordan's Wedding and got a new Aunt. Brooklyn was clueless on what was going on but she looked adorable and loved dancing with Mom/Dad on the dance floor. Brooklyn loves music and being able to dance with Mom and Dad all night you can only imagine the kind of heaven baby girl was in.


8. Brooklyn is constantly stacking items. Brooklyn is stacking whatever she can get her hands on, I think the cutest one yet is the boots. Brooklyn is constantly stacking shoes, blocks, Lego, cars anything and everything she can attempt to get her hands on. I love my smart girl so much!


9. Brooklyn has a love hate relationship with her brother Jake. Brooklyn has such a special relationship with Jake. They are constantly laughing at each other, driving each other crazy, smiling at each other and trapping each other. Jake still does his piles and Brooklyn now gets trapped behind them constantly. Poor girl!


Brooklyn Riley you bring us so much joy. Your determined personality is sometimes hard for me as I want you to listen but then I realize just how alike we really are. Brooklyn you truly are my mini me and I love everything about you. Brooklyn I would never change anything about you and love watching as you explore this world we live in. I love you my princess, my baby girl, always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment