Thursday, December 15, 2016

Jakes Stitches

You know when you are a working parent and your at work and your phone rings from a family member and your heart stops for a minute because if someone is contacting you at work it HAS to be an emergency. I got one of those calls from my husband and my heart stopped for a minute.

"Jake his his head on the brick and he is bleeding pretty bad I think he might need some stitches, come home."

Good thing my shift was over and I was able to log out and leave pretty quickly. Jake wasn't acting different besides just the bandaid on his head (and the dripping blood from his head) so I wasn't to nervous when I saw it except for the fact it would NOT stop bleeding.

We dropped Brooklyn off at my parents house, Andie HAD to come and watch over her brother (she was so concerned) so we told her she had to ask Jake if she could come. Jake didn't mind but he had no idea what was about to happen. 

At the Instacare we had to wait in the waiting room for a bit since it was a Friday night before getting back. Jake was running around which got his heart rate up more which then led to more bleeding. For such a small cut my goodness it was pouring out some blood.


The doctor came in (BEST DOCTOR EVER) to look things over and get everything set up. He asked if we wanted to glue or stitch it up as it was small but we had to do something with it. He did tell us that the chances of scaring would be less with stitches. We talked it over and decided he would get stitches, after all we went the least amount of scaring we can get when it comes to his face (Zach jokingly said that his face depended on our grandkids one day haha).







Jake did so well with the stitches and of course with us being medical loving people Zachary filmed most of the procedure. We bribed Jake with getting something McQueen if he was brave and he was trying SO HARD my heart was breaking for him and I wish he didn't have to go through such pain.


Two stitches later though this boy was anxious to get in the van and leave that joint. I hope that his head heals quickly and he won't be in to much pain the next couple of days. I am afraid he will be touching the stitches but maybe he won't want to mess with them if they are painful (I am hoping this option).






Five days after getting his stitches in we were supposed to head on back to the Instacare to get them removed. Jake actually handled the stitches just like I had hoped for and he didn't try to touch them basically at all.






Back at the Instacare we didn't have to wait at all. We went straight back and Jake didn't like being back to that place and thought he would get more stitches. We had to have two nurses, Mom and Dad holding him down while they took them out because of how nervous he truly was. He initially even tried to hide from the doctors behind Dad too.





After we removed the stitches they sent us around the corner to the front desk and we ran into the doctor who placed the stitches in and totally recognized us, he truly was amazing. He asked us how Jake was doing and checked on his head and Jake was even excited to see him. SO CUTE!


When we all made it back to the van we decided to go to a playground for the kids and let them enjoy some time before bed, after all we had to celebrate no more stitches for little man. I love my brave boy and how well he made this first stitches experience for us all. Good job Jake I love you!










No comments:

Post a Comment