Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Andie 1 Year 1 Month

My little girl is growing fast, 13 months already. I have been debating if I continue with the monthly posts on Andies progress in life and then I decided, why is that even a question? I love bragging about my Andie every month, I will continue this for her whole life! At 13 months old  Andie....

1. Andie is constantly climbing on and off of furniture. She is so tall so she has no problem pulling herself up. She climbs on chairs, tables, couches and anything else she can possible find an edge to hold her. Andie also has quite a good arm. I will have to put her into gymnastics and sports starting soon! She has far better arm then I do at only 1 year old.


2. Andie has seen fireworks practically every weekend this past month. With West Fest, Taylorsville Days and the 4th of July she has seen quite a few. Andie loves the fireworks, she claps and "Ows and Aws". She is so cute, I just love this little girl of mine!


3. Andie is learning how to clean up after herself. Zachary and I want our kids to learn the small things such as eating right, exercising and cleaning up after yourself. The best way to teach your kids these simple things is while they are young. Andie has bins with her toys in them and she puts them back into the bins when she is moving on to something else. It is so cute to see her cleaning!


4. Andie sat at the dinner table for the first time. Zachary and I have been slacking at the dinner table eating. We sit infront of the TV and that is not good for your relationship or family foundation. Andie loves sitting up at the table with mom and dad with no distractions. She will tell us all about her day by babbling and laughing. We enjoy our family dinner time together :)


5. Andie has gone swimming quite a few times. We go to the apartment pool a lot with my siblings and their kids. Andie loves being in the pool and will kick and giggle BUT only if mom is holding her. She is not a fan of being in the pool if Dad or anyone besides just Mom holds her. Its really funny how she has change her mood so fast just by being in the arms of someone else.


6. Andie is very sociable. She loves people. She loves babies. She loves to flirt and smile. She loves to laugh and be silly. Andie has an amazing personality! She has a love for life that I look up to her for. She is only one but can see the good in everything. She lives life everyday to the fullest, I love her!


7. Andie each morning will pick her own clothes. She loves to be able to pick what she is wearing. We lay out a few options for pants/shorts and shirts and she will pick what to wear. I love watching her decide. She is funny and will put her hand really fast towards one but then stop and hover over all the other options carefully deciding before she picks her final choice haha.


8. Andie finally has learned how to suck out of a straw. I am so glad that she has finally learned that skill so we can break the bottle and pacifier habit. This one will be a hard one for me and Andie but it must be done. If you have any tips to break these habits I would love input. During the day Andie uses her sippy cup with the straw but at night we still give her bottles and pacifiers, I must resist.


9. Andie has gone to her first wedding. My friend Ashley got married and we went to the reception. Andie loved the cotton candy the best from the reception. We got pictures taken in the photobooth and Andie danced to the music. Andie is a party girl she of course would love weddings :)


I love watching my Andie grow. She is so smart, loving and energetic. She is always happy and loves her mom and all those around her. Andie is one sweet spirit I have been blessed with in this life, I am forever grateful to call her mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment