Wednesday, July 24, 2013

IHARM

When Zachary left on his mission back in August 2008 I started my waiting journey. Two years is a long time to be without your loved one, especially when you know you will marry this loved one.


 During the wait it is good to be able to relate to people going through the same situation as you. I started my search on Facebook for a missionary group of some sort. I came finally came across a group called "Waiting for Missionary"(W4AM). I anxiously waited for my acceptance into the group. Finally an administrator approved my request and I started watching everyones comments. 


I loved finding girls who were close to the same amount of wait time months as I had done. I found 2 amazing girls who had there boy leave in August of 2008, all 3 of us married our men and each of one kid with our men. Its weird! I consider these girls some of my closest friends but in real life we have never met. These two girls are only a couple of girls who I have come super close to. 
( I don't want to add pictures of them without permission )



Once Zach came home from his mission there was another group branch off from this group that I joined. The group is my favorite reason to get on Facebook every day. I love every single girl in that group. I have known many of these girls for up to 5 years. The group is called "I have a Returned Missionary" (IHARM). 


I finally got a special privilege just last night to meet a few of these girls in person. I was so excited to put voices to these friends of mine I have grown to love. I can't wait for more get togethers to meet more girls and for life friendships to form not just Internet friendships. The bond I feel with all of these girls and there individual stories are so amazing. Thanks girls for being my friends and accepting me in this crazy Internet world :)




No comments:

Post a Comment