Sunday, July 7, 2013

Doctor Day

Wednesday June 12th was a day full of doctor visits. Andie had a scheduled appointment with her pediatrician for her one year check up. I can't believe its her one year check up already! She did so good at the appointment.


They poked her quite a few times. Andie is in a study for the new measles and chickenpox vaccine. With the study comes temperature taking daily for the next few months. I got the easy part by just remembering to take Andies temperature. Andie has the hard part of getting her temperature every night, getting blood drawn every month and shots in her arms and legs. I feel so bad for her!



They strapped her to a board so it looked like she was swaddled with her arm sticking out. I was trying to calm her and the doctor was holding her arm still while the nurse took some blood. Andie is such a trooper. She was not happy but handled it fairly well I think. She got teddy grahams and water from the nurse for doing so good with a new sippy cup. She loves the teddy grahams!


After the whole strapped to a board experience they gave her 5 shots and then we had to sit for an hour in one of the patient rooms. During our wait we got an unexpected call from Zachary. I was not expecting to hear from him for another hour for his lunch. He explained he was on his way to the Doctor to get his arm checked out. He had smashed it pretty bad at work and had to get it checked out to see if it was broken.




Andie and I continued to wait in the patient room until they allowed us to leave after the hour after the shots. We got in the car and rushed over to be with Zachary. Zach was in a lot of pain and had his arm checked out, it took about an hour at the doctor office there. Zachary was given orders to ice the arm and come back the next day.



He went back to work and I followed behind him. Once at work his boss sent him home for the rest of the day. It was nice to be able to spend time with the husband even if he was in pain the whole day and couple of days after that. 


Wednesday we spent so much time in the doctor offices but I am so glad that both Andie and Zachary are ok and healthy. I have such troopers related to me :) I love you Zachary and Andie, continue to feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment