Friday, July 12, 2013

July 4th

This year for the 4th of July its the first year I have actually wanted to celebrate. Call me a bad citizen or something but I have never wanted to claim the states as my home. I know it has been 8 years of me living in the states, but I guess I needed 8 years! Canada is still close to my heart for sure but I am opening it up to letting the states in. July 4th I was excited to celebrate with my husband and little girl!


Zachary worked eight in the morning to about five in the afternoon. When he finally arrived home I was anxious to get out of the house and get some celebrating on. We decided to head out to dinner before meeting up with my siblings for fireworks. Red Robin was our choice of food, unlimited fries for Andie how can you resist that. We got Andie a corn dog and she ate our fries too, she dug right in. I swear Andie has a bottomless pit of a stomach!









After dinner we headed to West Jordan for some fireworks. We parked in the library across the street from the park and grabbed some blankets and headed out to find a seat. We actually found a really nice spot super close to the fireworks. I was really surprised how good our spots were!




We didn't wait to long at our spot until family members started showing up. Kari, Nicholas, Brent, Melissa and Brents family all came to watch the fireworks with us. Brents sister had a little girl just 3 months younger then Andie. Andie loved to be able to play with a friend and she was super cute! I can't wait to see Andie with little siblings, she will be a fantastic big sister.


Before the firework show started Nicholas and I played tag around the blankets. I like running when its for fun why does exercising have to be so boring when it comes to running. Andie loved watching Mom run around with her cousin Nicholas, she probably thought it was such a funny site. We played Uno roboto and I won once, yeah! The fireworks started at 10 and it was a fantastic show. I loved being able to celebrate the 4th of July for the first time. It was so fun!














No comments:

Post a Comment